Meeting House

Meeting House Kennels has been in the possession of the Heard family since 1956 when it was purchased by Kath Heard, who was a great lover of dogs and cats. She quickly built up a good reputation for the care given to the animals entrusted with her.

Kath was a well-known and highly respected breeder and show judge of dalmations with which breed she acquired a worldwide reputation. She was one of the first people to understand the behavioural aspects of handling dogs and passed on her skill and knowledge in relating to and training dogs to her nephew, Peter, who spent a lot of his early years at the kennels with her.